Wednesday, April 11, 2012

i fell in love today. she claimed me. and i was smitten. the insistent gaze of a goat named sharon stole my heart.
tracy and i headed out to liv's early this morning. out to her beautiful little farm with the lavender doors. we were looking forward to a visit with liv, buying soap, and finally meeting the goats and their five little babies. we floated through the morning with the goats and their babies, a magical little herd of 20. and i've come home with my heart full of goat love and my shop full of beautiful goat's milk soap.
come on sunday april 15 to the little white house at 55 mowat and share the beauty. i'm carrying liv's soaps, her lovely goat's milk soap. and tina roeder with her etched sterling jewelry will be our guest artist, ready with beautiful mother's day gifts.

14 comments:

  1. I've always had such a soft spot for goats - all kinds - even the fainting ones (although I must say I think it would stress me out to own a fainting goat - I'd always be checking to see that indeed it did get up after dropping!) I've just caught up on all your posts because I went away for Easter - it looks like your world is warming up to a bliss filled summer - and I'm going to enjoy coming along for the ride! :-) XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know about the fainting variety. that would be stressful.
      i remember in the fall (our fall) watching you open into spring. and now it's our turn!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely Mum and her delightful kids. I am always fascinated by goats eyes, and their very unusual pupils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are adorable, even though out of some strange reason I don't like the name Sharon. I wonder why...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....i don't either really. and i keep wondering if i even have the right name.

      Delete
  4. Sharon is lovely! and so it seams the soaps would be... Hope your sale was successul yesterday and your day not too hard on you : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little confusion there..

    A lovely blog about Sharon and her kids. Kids are such cute little things and they are so clever.
    I hope that you had a good day!
    I have never heard of goats milk soap.. i bet its fantastic. I eat goats cheese and drink now and again goats milk.. very healthy.
    Have a good Thursday
    best wishes
    val

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are adorable. Wish I could come buy some of the soaps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a face! Those goats are adorable! I wonder if Liv has ever heard of "fainting goats"? I knew someone who had some. It seems they are born with a congenital medical condition that causes the goats muscles to tense up when they are startled and don't immediately relax which causes them to faint. I'd never heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sharon... Seeing her photo actually tugged my heart strings, in a big way. She is a beauty in every sense... I'm so in love with goats - who knew they were THIS lovely and interesting;). I hope liv knows what she opened up here!
    Sharon really loved you;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sharon
    They are sooooooo.... lovely.

    Greetings from a rainy Belgium
    Jérôme

    ReplyDelete