Saturday, February 4, 2012

i woke up this morning and read for a little while in bed with stella on my chest staring into my face and tom sleepy breathing beside me. the sun was up and bright already. it felt like a proper saturday morning. i slipped out of bed and came downstairs. i let edgar into the yard. and i poked around on the computer, reading blogs, sorting through photos, shaking the groggies out of my head. i heard the bed creaking through the wooden plank floors upstairs as tom got out of bed and found his slippers and his favorite brown hoodie. he just came down and smiled at me and sang nonsense words to edgar. he kissed my head and played with edgar's ears. and started to fuss about in the kitchen, feeding edgar, making us coffee, loading the dishwasher. i can smell the woodsy sharp flavor of coffee swimming through the air now. tom has made me laugh out loud a few times already. it's a good morning. i'm sipping coffee. tom has turned on a sports show and told me we're going for a little drive soon. and meagan just texted me, inviting us to come for crepes. the day is in full swing and i have a feeling it's a good one!

8 comments:

  1. The way you describe your domesticity is pleasant, loving, cozy, desirable and interesting, but not saccharine--I like the way you keep it real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Saturday, Annette. Sounds like it will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette! thank you so much for the comment on my last post... coming from somebody like you, who writes so beautifully, is means more than you can possibly imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your art work by the way. the word Metamorphosis came to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Saturday to you... Love this post so much. A beautiful glimpse... Thank you, xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're morning already sound faBulous! I hope you enjoy the day and your crepes.


    Will you be watching the Super Bowl tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds very promising. enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was a nice saturday morning, and a weekend full of the lovely and the mundane.

    ReplyDelete