Monday, January 16, 2012

i think this tangled mess of ice and branches is an apt metaphor for my mind lately. i've been working through some necessary decisions. complicated decisions that i know are sound and right. but difficult regardless. difficult because they involve others.
i have been blessed with a solid innate. i can trust my gut almost entirely. only in the last years have i realized how heavily i've relied on instinct throughout my life. and how well it has served me. the biggest decisions in my life have been made with very little agonizing thought, just a deep belief that what i was doing needed to be done. and so when i know something is necessary, it isn't complicated. the difficult part is when i need to communicate exactly why things need to be the way my gut tells me. hence, my tangled and frozen mind. but the thaw has begun!
i'm in the midst of making a lovely tall pile of napkin sets for willow and for our sale on wednesday. and there is a pile of gorgeous cotton canvas bookmarks that make wonderful 'just because'
gifts. of course i'll still have quilts and teatowels and journals, but there will be a few new things as well. this wednesday, january 18th from 3 pm until 8 pm at 55 mowat ave in portsmouth village.

3 comments:

  1. Always trust your gut! Making decisions can be easy when you have faith in yourself...until others become involved. Hope all goes well.

    All the best for the shop sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! Following your instinct can be the best way to maneuver through difficult issues.

    Sometimes just giving your thoughts a voice can help flesh out what you really want in the end.

    I hope that everything will work out for the best. Good luck with the sale and the thaw!

    best,
    e

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning Annette

    like you i have trusted my instinct in all major decisions in my life...
    its only lately that this inside advisor is off on holidays or something....
    but i do feel its coming back. slowly

    wishing you good sales on Wendensday
    and to meet lots of new good people in the process : )

    ReplyDelete