Saturday, December 10, 2011

we are ready. or so close to ready that the final little tweaks can happen in the morning. the studio is delightfully prepared to welcome all for our christmas/holiday sale. tomorrow, sunday december 11th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. tracy's encaustic paintings are making the upstairs sweet and warm with their beeswax colourings. trisha's dreamy, wool-filled waldorf dolls are smiling and napping throughout the little white house. there are tracy's sensual felted scarves, thick and soft and sexy. and trisha's fun, upcycled menswear purses. i have feather pillows and photos, collages and quilts. it's a wonderful holiday sale and we are excited to show you around. beautiful portsmouth village is the perfect spot for a sunday outing.....a walk along the harbour, through the lakeside park, and a visit to chasing lightning bugs studio at 55 mowat avenue.

9 comments:

  1. i have been busy with my sons burthday ( family gathering yesterday and big childrens party today ...) my sister is taking part in a sweet bazaar in Athens this weekend, having a break through in her little business and you working hard for your sale. i wish all the best for this day. wonderful people coming in. people appreciating handmade and amazing artists like you and your friends. i am sure you `ll have lots and lots of sales : )
    hugs from demie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time--wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you lots of happy customers and a day full of smiles, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the sale is a smashing success! I hope at the end you all sigh with relief and feel that every moment you put into it was worth it! I wish I could be there. Thank you for your very kind comment on "Duffer". Every time I think of him, I think of Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just got back from this -the sweetest ,most comfy warm yummy place i never wanted to leave ever!!
    one day i will wrap myself in a quilt of yours and lay my head on pillows of feathers wearing felted dreams ,beside me perhaps a sweet maggi doll...
    until then..please don't be startled should you find me curled up one day in your studio napping...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could visit your shop and all the lovely trimmings you describe. I wish you and all of your friends who participate, a wonderful Sunday filled with lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the day was wonderful and full of sales. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I'm so glad you liked the post about Aunt Charlotte. I must have spent at least an hour reading your blog today. Your writing is so lyrical and beautiful. We share many interests, mainly beauty, life, gardens, and houses. After reading your blog today, I asked my daughter "why weren't we born Canadians?" We think you are lucky to live in such a beautiful country and also we find that all the Canadians we know are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a wonderful morning "chasing lightening bugs" in your studio yesterday morning!!! I was overwhelmed by all the handmade beauty that surrounded me....taking great pleasure in feeling the passion and getting to know each of you through your great works of art....so much free flowing, creative energy ~ magical!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so nice to have such encouraging and wonderful people surround and support the studio. thank you to each of you for your good wishes and warm, caring energy. i'm about my write a post about yesterday.

    ReplyDelete