Saturday, December 31, 2011

the dishes are washing. edgar is fed. we are fed....we had a lovely cabernet-franc jelly on our sprouted grain toast to begin new years eve in style. the fire in the library has a couple of cats clustered around it and i'm feeling nostalgic. i don't like sudden change. i love gradual comfortable shifts. but knowing that in 12 hours i will have no choice but to write a new and unfamiliar year every time i write the date.....it gives me a little start of panic. at the end of every year i obsess about growing accustomed to a new year. i wonder how it will sit in my belly. how it will feel on my tongue. and every year it settles in naturally as i'm sure this one will as well. and to be honest, i was never thrilled with the lopsided aesthetic of 2o11. especially after my love affair with 2o1o....a perfectly balanced year that included my 1o.1o.1o birthday which made my libra sensibilities soar in delight. and moving on to 2o12, i just need to let it warm up slowly and off we'll go. i hope it is prosperous and safe and healthy year for all.....

4 comments:

  1. All be fine! And the new year can also bring you 20-12-2012!
    Happy New Year, lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year!!! I hope it will be a good one. I actually never thought about the lopsidedness of 2011. a good point tho....

    ReplyDelete
  3. funni...i prefer lopsided!!but best of years to u sweet dear lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sweet friend. I have been away and just sat down to read all your blogs that I have missed. I have missed reading them each day and I have missed you. I would love so dearly to curl up on your couch by the fire and talk with you in your beautiful house. I hope your holidays were wonderful and your new year is the best one yet!

    ReplyDelete